Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bhojpuri superstar Manoj Tiwari injured in Ramlila crackdown

POLICE BOOTS STAMPS TIWARI
“RAN AT LEAST 3-4 KM TO SAVE MY LIFE"

June 6, 2011, New Delhi: Bhojpuri actor Manoj Tiwari was one of the many who were injured in the fracas that took place at the Ramlila Maidan on Saturday night.
Tiwari who returned to Mumbai on Sunday evening said, "I was sleeping in the pandal when I was woken up by a policeman's boots that stamped on me."
"I was driven out by the police with lathis. I must've ran at least 3-4 km to save my life," said Tiwari, who is back in Mumbai now. "Although my injuries are not noticeable enough, my body is aching because of the lathis I got from the police," he added.
Manoj Tiwari spent the whole of Saturday with Baba Ramdev. The actor said, "I am not a Ramdev follower but I decided to support the Baba as he is fighting against corruption."
Tiwari is upset about the fact that the police manhandled men and women who were sleeping in the pandal. "I really don't know if there were permission issues but the police could've done the eviction during the day instead of night. The use of tear-gas also choked many people," he said.
Manoj Tiwari was the first celebrity to reach Ramlila Maidan - the site of Baba Ramdev's hunger strike - on Saturday where he sang bhajans and patriotic songs along with thousands of supporters of the yoga guru. The popular singer-actor claimed that he had told his producer that he will not shoot for a month from June 4 as he wanted to join Baba Ramdev in his campaign against black money.
Tiwari earlier said that he had informed his producer in advance that he may have to bear loss as the actor wanted to join Ramdev.

No comments:

Post a Comment